Do you let your kids jump on the bed?

I've never really seen a problem with it. I let my 4 y/o jump on his own bed, he enjoys it.

GavinsMommii

Asked by GavinsMommii at 6:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• They can jump on theirs, not mine though.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Nope - no jumping on furniture in our home.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No I don't. She has a hard wood bed frame. One slip and her head will have a goose egg the size of a REAL egg.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 6:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yep all the time... The only thing I don't like about it is she thinks she has to strip the bed to do it haha.
    ameliasmama1

Answer by ameliasmama1 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No, I explain to them that furniture is to sit on not jump on. The trampoline is to jump on not their beds
    MBax

Answer by MBax at 6:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I dont allow them too. Because my oldest fell and got bruised up and because of that..... no standing on the couch, on the bed or jumping on either. Dont need another case of that again led to ppl getting involved that did not need to be.
    soontobemommyof

Answer by soontobemommyof at 6:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Nope. It's a safety risk. And that's a quick way to wear down the mattress. ...Also, it's kind of hard to jump on bunk beds.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My boys jump off the bed not on it.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Nooooooooooooooooo,lol. I learned my lesson the hard way. I'm 10 years older than my brothers so when I was 20 and had my own apartment, I used to let them come over and spend the night (they were 10) and they would jump on my bed like crazy kids and I didn't care..until the springs started popping out of it! They ruined my bed :(
    Nope, don't let the kids jump on the bed,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No I do NOT! My husbands sister knocked her front teeth out jumping on a bed. And the ONE time DS did he fell hit the corner edge of his wood frame bed and gashed his head open. six stitches! Think about that! it takes ONE second for it to happen. he jumped on the bed while I was putting his clothes away. Looked away for a second! Now lucky he was young and wasn't bouncing hard and didn't have a lot of weight to him, but I hate to think how much damage could happen now.

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2010