Did you have your membranes stripped?

I was just talking to my friend, she is due today and has a dr's appt coming up this afternoon. She was thinking about asking the dr to strip her membranes but was not sure because she said it sounded painful. When I was pregnant with DS, they started to strip mine, but it hurt so bad I made them stop, and he was 2 weeks late and had to be induced. Did you have yours stripped? Did it hurt? Did it put you in to labor?

GavinsMommii

Asked by GavinsMommii at 6:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did once. I was in the hospital that night and delivered the next morning. I honestly dont remember it being painful kinda just a little pulling and tugging. Now that I live in a different state I guess they dont practice this as much and look at you cross eyed if you ask
    mommie83

Answer by mommie83 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yes, it hurt, and it helped me dilate. I gave birth 2days after
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Nope. I dont think I am going to need it. I am already 1/2cm and 50%effaced.
    soontobemommyof

Answer by soontobemommyof at 6:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have never given birth, but do not plan on having any interventions of any kind until i'm past 42 weeks or unless their are complications.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It was painful to me, when I had it done with my son. I was 4cm and 60% effaced a week before my due date and hubby was going out of town to work. It worked obviously - I went in labor that night!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010