What religion are you?

And what, if you can sum it up, does your religion believe in?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 6:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm a Unitarian Universalist Pagan. Basically, that means I am a Unitarian Universalist who uses the "vocabulary" and practices of modern Paganism. Clear as mud, right? LOL This site can give you more info on UUism in general: http://www.uua.org/visitors/spiritualtopics/index.shtml
    Combine that info with the info on eclectic Paganism and Wicca and you get me...more or less.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 7:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm an Eclectic Pagan Witch... To sum it up, my beliefs are all inclusive (generally) and teach complete equality.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm a christian...that's all I can come up with. I believe in God and that Jesus was the son of God, died for our sins, etc. I don't believe in abortion, I do believe in the death penalty, and I have no problem with gays wanting to get married. If there is a religion for people who think like me, I'd be glad to hear it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm also an Eclectic Pagan Witch

Sabrina and i agree on many things, but not everything. That's the beauty of Eclectic-isty (made up word big smile mini) and i also tend to use more eastern practices then i think many western Pagans do.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Baptist beliefs, Christian, Jesus died and paid 4 our sins. John 3:16
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 6:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have a journal post if you want to read that. It has some basic information on my beliefs and I'm in the process of creating my website which will explain things further. Mostly what it is, is a belief based on the idea that all religions are really very similar and that each of them were created by men, and therefore are flawed, yet that they all have truth behind them. None are wrong and none are right... It is kind of a patchwork religion if you will, but falls under the Pagan heading as well... Really it's a path that is more discovered by looking in to your heart, instead of any book...

If you have questions about my beliefs, feel free to ask!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• You aren't finding much because Eclectic Pagans choose from various beliefs what they feel is right for them.
    I tend to like Norse and Egyptian mythology so the Gods and Goddesses i know the most about are of that origin. And i add to my Eclectic-ism by throwing in some Buddhist practices.

Google Pagans. or Witchcraft. ...there is so much out there, you'll get an idea of what we have to choose from, in a sense. LOL
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Believer in the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and His unfailing love for us all.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I am a Unitarian Universalist (believing in the 7 principles as outlined on uua.org and that god is one and all are saved) and I practice Native American Seneca Wolf Clan tradition (personal responsibility, interconnectedness, value of all life, the Way, Mystery, etc.)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I am a unitarian Universalist. I don't personally have any beliefs, but the religion as a whole believes in treating others with respect no matter what you believe in. you can go to uua.org for more information.
    Squeakette

Answer by Squeakette at 7:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2010