What is your favorite educational preschool game?

I'm curious to see what has worked for other moms. I've found a lot of computer games for preschoolers, but are there some games for a gaming console (Wii, PS3, Leapster, etc) that work better? Is there something really obscure that your child absolutely loves? Let me know!

ladykyr

Asked by ladykyr at 6:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ohh we love Hi Ho Cherrio, Chutes and Ladders, Memory.....
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• When my oldest was about 2 I bought him this learning laptop from Fisher Price called Color Splash. He loved that thing and learned his numbers and the alphabet on it.

I also love the I Spy books.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My boys would rather paint, sculpt with playdough, build with blocks or read books. All of those are way more educational than any electronic system.
    don't get me wrong. We have a V.Smile ...but they have learned little to nothing from them.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Go online, I've had much better luck there. There are some excellent games on pbskids.org and starfall.com is a great site for learning letters. He has a couple of Wii games that don't seem to teach anything beyond using the controller and he had a V.Smile but that was just a piece of junk, awful graphics and the games were way too simple. It died after he'd had it about a year, probably played with it for about 5 hours.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010