does anyone else get sick of drama at the work place?

i am so sick of hearing people whine and cry at my job. one individual likes to stirr up drama with everyone...tries to spread rumors and then gets all pissy when it blows up in his face yes i said HIS face....he tried starting a verbal conflict with me today ....i simply told him to grow up and walked off....

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 6:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Amen - I just love Karma!!! My reponse always is - well there are about a hundred people who would love to take your job.....
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Girl, you haven't heard drama until you've worked at the mall! It sucks. My daughter always says she wants to work in a morgue because then she wouldn't have to deal with people! Right. Until you make a mistake on someone's loved one!! Anyway, a corner office with a door sounds great doesn't it!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I've got a corner office with a door and my day still sucks! Status doesn't matter, these problems go to the top!
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 6:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We don't have drama at our workplace hard 2 believe itn't it?
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 6:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• When the drama is started by the boss it is hard to avoid. Some day they will get it back, sucks to be them.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I do, but then I remember as long as I am not a part of it it's not my problem. Be positive, and practice letting the words of those who aren't rolling right off of you. Do not give them power by allowing their behavior to influence you in any way. You did the right thing by walking away, good for you:)
    artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 9:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yes it does....i am a cook for a restaurant and i work in a kitchen full of men. i am the only girl cook period. i have been there for 2 1/2 years now..and i swear sometimes i feel like i am working with a bunch of pmsing school girls with boy trouble....i never knew grown men im talking 30s and 40s could be so drawn to drama.....it is irritating.
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• ya this guy has been there for like 15 some odd years and thinks he rules the roost...tells the lower managers what to do....and basically tried to bully others. like when he gets mad at some one he will intentionally hide things from them....or tattle to get them in trouble...and not even thing that matter ..like today he hid all the bacon bits then cried to the manager then the manager came to me and was like you need to chop up the bacon i said ok...then i realized he had nearly a gallon worth hidden in his station....i mean really? good thing for me is my boss knows i work hard and i am dependable...so i wasnt in trouble...but dude sure tried....
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• hes not the boss he is jsut a cook like myself... he thinks hes the boss cuz hes been there for years and years...but it isnt so....hes not even the top chef we have....a guy who has been there years less than him is....
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i do.
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 6:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2010