What to do about an SO with no drive?

I'm 18 almost 19, I've been in college for 2 years. I'm going to school to be a psychologist. I have plans and Im making them happen. 1 step at a time. I have my own business that helps me out, it's still fresh so no major profit.

my SO is 23, been together 3 years now, we have a 7month old son. My SO does nothing to help our finances. He gets 24hours of work a week and was supposed to be finding another job to supplement the loss in hours. Well 1yr later no 2nd job. He isn't even looking. He stopped going to school. He is claiming bankruptcy by the end of the year for sure.

I just feel like he is dead weight. like maybe I should find some affordable places for me and my son so I can try to prosper.

I'm fed up, Its to the point where my son has seen us argue and Im at my end

advice?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 6:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep, you just told yourself what you should do and how you feel about the situation. I say you take your own advice and lose the dead weight. If in the future he were to get his act together and have the drive/passion you have, then maybe it could work....but I wouldn't want to feel held back like that.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• You already gave yourself the best advice, move on cause he'll continue to be extra baggage. You can't help someone that dont want to help themself
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree with Kira25. You seem to already have the right idea. Make it happen Momma. And good luck.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would leave - you don't need him dragging you down. It's not good for you OR your son.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 6:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010