What would you think of these statements?

"If you invite your ex husband to her birthday party, we're done" (DD's party, ex is not her dad, but she thought he was)

"I shouldn't have to share fathers day with her dad after you told me we were going camping" (I didn't think her dad would want to see her, but he did)

"I don't want you to go to your brothers marines going away party because your ex husband will be there"

"Man she can be a spoiled brat, the new baby will not be like this"
I'm pregnant.

What would you think? No, i've never done anything to break his trust, he just gets like this sometimes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd think that you guys have to have a serious talk about whatever is going on. Ask him why he has so much aggression towards your ex. Is it a trust issue, or is it something else? Make sure that he isn't taking his feelings about your ex out on your daughter (the last comment about her being spoiled). It really sounds like you guys need to open up the lines of communication and clear the air a bit.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Was he talking about your DD when he said spoiled brat? I would be pissed if my husband called my daughter a spoiled brat, and thought "we could do better" with the one that's his! (I have a child from a previous relationship).
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• He needs to cool it! He is not looking out for you but for himself.
    He needs to understand that your daughter has a dad and that there will be times she should be with him.
    Calling her a spoiled brat is not a smart thing to say, they pick up on that kind of negative stuff more than we realise and it does affect them.
    If he thinks breaking a marriage over having your ex over for her bday party is the way to handle this.. Im sorry but to me that is just immature in my opinion.
    He sounds defensive.. your going for your brother not for the ex... your spouse needs to get that in his head. so what if the ex is there.. get over it. :-)

Just my thoughts...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well no offense but he sounds like an ass. He got into a relationship with you knowing full well that you had a child and would be having to deal with an ex. Duh. And to not see your brother off cause of an ex? Yeah right!

I'm pregnant.

That statement alone would have gotten him kicked out of my house with a broken nose.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 6:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• he sounds a little insecure. just my first thought.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Jealousy issues!
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Jealousy
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 6:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would think the first three statements makes him sound a bit jealous but the 4th statement pisses me off, the jerk.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• If this is your DH talking. He is trying to comtrol you. And a little jealous too.

Answer by louise2 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• he sounds like a jealous little brat! :P lol jk. but he does sound like he has issues. He got with yo full knowing about your ex, so he needs to deal with it. I'd sit down and talk to him about his behavior and comments ASAP. And tell him things need to change BEFORE the baby comes. Oh and to NEVER speak about my DD that way again! How uncalled for!

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010