Visitation, and retraining my DD??

She is completely different. She went for her first visitation Friday night to Sunday night and today she threw a tantrum (screaming kicking yelling) in the store. This has NEVER happened, not once! She loves the store! What should i say to him (he obviously spoiled her, or i dunno!) Its so upsetting. She also slept forever last night. I do not belive in waking a child because they will most certainly get up when they are done so she slept from 8pm to 11:15am! Did he not put her to sleep? I want to call and ask but im afraid i will let my temper get the best of me right now! She has always been assertive but never like this, never a brat. Or mean and one weekend and she is another child completly. Should i give it a day or two, and if she is still wild, call him. Maybe she is just adjusting... I dunno what i should do, any advice would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have the same personality change issues with my girl. The best thing you can do is try to talk to her dad on a calm level about having the same rules in both homes. Discuss the routines that each of you have, and try to come to an agreement. Sometimes the behaviour issues aren't even about what's going on in the other home. The child may be acting out because he or she isn't used to the going back and forth, or they are angry. It does take some adjustment. Mine still has issues, and it's been over a year. But I get used to her being a little strange for a day or two after she gets back, and then she's back to normal. Just make sure she has stability at your home, and a regular routine, she will look forward to coming back and being normal again. BTW, she probably slept for so long cause she was finally HOME, which is your home :) My DD tends to go on super relax mode when she comes home, and sleeps a lot for a couple of days
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• ok- it was the FIRST visitation. She is adjusting to changes. BIG changes. You can call and ASK how the visitation went, if there were any issues, and maybe what time she went to bed, but I do not think it is fair to anyone for you to assume the father spoiled her rotten and did not put her to bed.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010