anyone else annoyed by 'non-believers'...?

Maybe i am nitpicking, but i am mildly annoyed when people of other faiths, like myself, are called non-believers when it is more accurate to say non-Christians. I AM a believer. I believe in myself, my art, my friends and family, Science, Nature and most pertinent to my post, i believe in God.( i am a polytheist, so technically i believe in several. And Goddesses, too:) it is like me referring to all non-Neopagans as non-believers. It isn't true and just seems offensively presumptious. Wondering if any other mamas are bothered by this and curious about your thoughts on the issue.

angelenia

Asked by angelenia at 6:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sometimes it bothers me. It really depends on my mood that day though
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Ridiculously annoyed!! Every one of us believes in something, it just varies from person to person as to what that is...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It is only referring to not believing in Jesus Christ.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I must admit that i do not enjoy being called a "non-believer" because i do very much believe. I am a spiritual person and i hold strong to my faith.

but it's not worth fighting over.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Sorry, but there's only 1 true God 2 believe n. Jesus Christ. The others r false gods.
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 6:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I totally agree. Being that I am agnostic and study many different religions and take bits and pieces from each and make my own. They call us non-believers because we don't believe as they do. I usually try not to read a lot of the Christian questions on here.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree. "non-believers" are ppl that believe in nothing.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I believe in God, i was baptised catholic, but i believe different things than the Catholic religion. Some Catholics may say i am a non-believer, but im just a multi believer :) What irritates me is this woman i know who think she is God's daughter because she goes to church on Sunday yet she is a bad person in every other aspect of her life. Going to church does not make up for stealing from work, or beating your children (not like spanking but Beating). It just irks me! :) I'll live though
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 6:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I am a Christian, but I definitely don't feel that my beliefs are the "truth". Everyone has their own beliefs and I completely respect that and yes, it does bother the crap out of me when they label others "non-believers". Who really knows what is the truth anyway?
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I always wonder what will happen if those who like to throw that term around finally get to their afterlife and find out, oops, they picked the wrong denomination of their religion, so they were really "non-believers" too and doing it wrong all those years.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2010