dance vs cheerleading for a 6 year old?

my little girl wants to do ballet and cheerleading and girl scouts.....well i can afford all of them. and i ruled out girl scouts because i dont think it would work with my work schedule....the ballet or dance would be out side of her school and her cheerleading would be thru her schools program . (not free) but i thought maybe she would like that because she would already know some of the girls in it. she has done dance b4 and loved it but the last school she attended for that i pulled her cuz the teacher was waaayy too technical and took all the fun out of it for her..if she isnt enjoying it i dont want her to do it...

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 6:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• let her try cheerleading then - better now than in HS when it will cost lots of $$$$$
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Ask her. Both are great fun and exercise.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well, it would probably be best to let her decide, she may stick with it more if it is something she really wants to do. I would pick cheer though, it is something she can stick with all through out school.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 6:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We do cheer for our girls and they love it! AND if it is through the school, it is a way for her to be with her friends and for you to make some as well. I have made a huge group of friends through cheer alone.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• see that is my problem she wants to do both...but i can not afford both....i asked her and she cant choose...lol...i think the cheer would be good cause she could do it all thru school....well into he hs years if that is what she chooses to do. and later on if she still wants i can add dance in there too but i cant afford both right now.
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I like dance. cheer-leading can get overly expensive even at that age group.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 6:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yeah.....i wish i could afford for her to do both but i cant....so i have to pick one.....for now atleast...
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• ballet would be a good foundation for any other physical activity, including cheerleading. So for the best start, I'd say ballet.

Answer by Bmat at 7:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would say dance (but I have 2 girls who are on competitive dance teams) and they love to dance all day and night. Most dance studios will let you take a free class to see if you like it (at least they do around here) and that might help your daughter decide.
    xmasbaby73

Answer by xmasbaby73 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010