One more time, before people hit 16...

I've seen it written in answers here time and time again that there is only "one true religion." But, I've also seen repeatedly that there will never be a reformation because the different denominations of Christianity are so fragmented and there is so much animosity between them. If that is truly the case, then which one is the correct one? If it cannot be narrowed down to one being the correct one, meaning all the different versions of Christianity (yes that means JW, LDS and Catholic too!) MUST co-exist, how can it be within the "rights" of someone to ridicule another religion as false, and state there is only "one true religion"? Especially when they can't even agree which is that "one true religion"? Or am I really offbase, all the Presbyterians are going to Heaven, and everyone else goes straight to Hell (with 2 l's)?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I always wondered how anyone could put so much blind "faith" in such a fragmented religion. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I can't wrap my head around that either...I see an underlying...well fabric if you will between a lot of religions. The story of Christ was not told only in the Bible, but in several other religions. So, Christ is what I call the son of God.

The Bible says God has many names. Man chose the books of the Bible. It's all so...complex, and yet so simple. We each find our own way. Christ was HEATED about all the judgments people passed on others, and yet judging is exactly what we humans do best.

At this point, I've really degraded into babble. But my point is, I can jump up on my roof and shout that I'm right all I want. That doesn't make it smart or true. Or I can choose to be quiet, and kind, and do the best i can to live what I believe.

i worry about Christians trying to "scare people into heaven." The Bible talks about the Bridegroom, and love, and how Jesus wants us to be a loving wife towards him. I can't...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I totally agree with what you said. That is precisely why I don't believe in one "true" religion, and my beliefs are that all people are under the consideration and love of God, regardless of what sect of Christianity or religion they practice.

There are thousands of religions in the world, and I wonder how could anyone ever know exactly which one was the right one. I don't think that you're doomed just because you don't follow the exact rules and practices of one religion. How loving a God would He be who excluded so many, when it really wasn't their fault? So many are never exposed to many religions, so should they be punished for that? I don't feel that the God I connect with would do that. What is really comes down to for ME is that I have no way of KNOWING what is the true and right way to live, other than what I feel. I feel that I'm a good person, that I connect with God, and that that is enough.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The only true religion for each individual is the one they beleive in!

Answer by older at 7:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well, I guess no one will find out which one is "Really and truly" the "right one" until they die. So it doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong. Though I think it's safe to say that if you're one claiming your way is the only way that the odds are against you. Seriously think of all the defferent denominations out there claiming they are the right way and the only way too. Odds are against them as well
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well I am Catholic, and I believe wholeheartedly in my faith... that being said, deciding the answer to what you are asking is way above my pay grade. Personally I think we should all just stick to what we believe and try to be as good as we can for this short long time we are here on Earth. Maybe you'll think my answer is a cop out, but I just don't think it's our job here on Earth to proclaim with any certainty what we do not know. There is a mystery to Faith, that's why it's faith and not knowledge.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I kind of went off rambling off the subject of your question, lol. Almost all branches of Christianity believe they're the right one, for the most part. All of these denominations branched off from other churches of Christianity at some time. There are also non-denominational Christian churches who encompass all of these. I don't know, it all gives me a headache to even think about it right now, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm only 28 credits away from level 15, so I'll post anon if I can and let you know, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Any religion that thinks they are the only one with the key to heaven is full of S**T!
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Nope, I'm level 15 and there still isn't an anon option. Must be level 16 after all.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010