I am going to the doctor tomorrow because I have been having trouble going to the bathroom (BM) and I tried everything nothing is working it has been 8 days. Anyway, I also had questions about my periods

because they are really heavy. I have an OB though. I had a pap back in April, but forgot to bring up about my periods and don't go back until next year and I hate to go back just about my periods especially when I am going to the family doctor tomorrow so can I just ask them about my periods or do I need to go to my OB? I don't want this doctor to do a pap though. Also what can I expect them to do at this visit about not going to the bathroom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Health

• About constipation : they will probably suggest some tests: maybe a lower GI or a colonoscopy. I know that it sounds terrible, but believe me, it's not as bad as we imagine. I"m not going to try to suggest this or that, because you will have to come back and say you've tried it.
    Of course you can talk to the family doc about your periods. you can also call the OB and talk to the nurse. She can look in your chart, talk to the doc and let you know whether you should go in there or not. Your family doc would not want to do a pap, because he/she wouldn't get paid by insurance if you've had one already.
    Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• magnesium helps with that.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 7:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• like I said I tried everything.............I tried that
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2010