Do you think little girls have gotten b****y through the years?

I was thinking about that the other day and I really do think little girls are starting to show a bitchier side at a young age than they used to. This makes my husband and I want a little boy more than a girl (I'm due in January). What do you all think, have little girls gotten sassier in attitude? If so, why do you think that is?

Miss-Baby-Baker

Asked by Miss-Baby-Baker at 6:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I call it sassy. An easy fix for that is a pop on the mouth. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Good God yes! My niece was a "LB" ever since she was 3! She came home from Head Start and informed everybody that she wasn't going to follow their rules,and no one was telling her what to do ever again! She'll be 8 in Sept,and the attitude is still there. We foresee Juvenile Detention or jail in her near future,sorry to say...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• heck yes they have! but they are learning it from thier older sisters, cousins, and sad to say some of thier mamas! if you raise a child right and teach them that it's not acceptable...ever! it doesn't matter what you have. I know I know when they hit teens it's a whole other story, but I'm hoping on raising them to respect others like I was is what it takes. Lord help me when the kids get to teens!

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It is just the age. My daughter is 2.5 and she talks back. You just have to stay on top of them . I do not let her talk back to me or her farther. If you do not stay on top of things and yes, when they get older you could have a problem. My Grandmother use to say in Italian, once the tree starts to bend you have lost all control!!

sta517

Answer by sta517 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes. i saw a little girl the other day who couldn't have been older than 8 years, but had the attitude of a 14yr old.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think kids in general have more attitude than kids in the past. I have four girls and I don't let them mouth off. I'm always getting compliments on how well-behaved they are. I personally would never want a boy. Little boys are really obnoxious these days, at least the boys at the girls' school are...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think it depends on whether they are treated like a child or an adult. We have a 5 yr old and my husband's friend has a 5 year old, our daughter is treated like a child she goes and looks for bugs, gets dirty, sweaty, smelly, all of it; she also gets prettied up like a girl. My husband's friends daughter is being taught to be "bitchy" she has a snotty attitude her mother buys her all kinds of expensive outfits she doesn't wear anything that isn't high end. People can't stand to be around her and when she is sent to play with other children her age she gets huffy and mad because her mother treats her like a friend. A lot of children just don't know their places and some parents aren't teaching them. JMO.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• O yea they have my little makes me want to back hands her of course i would never do that cause she is 4 but she is sassy towards every on and tell any one taking care of her that their not her boss and she can do anything she wants to.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think it's parenting these days, I hear children (not just little girls) saying the rudest things and people laughing. It's like teaching your toddler to curse because you think it sounds funny.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 9:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010