would you get a second opinion?

my moms vet diagnosed her dog with cancer with out doing any test, he just felt the hard spot and took fluid out of it. this guys charges an arm and a leg for everything. i told her to take the dog to my vet, he cost less and has more experience with animals, and doesnt BS anything. i think she needs a second opinion on it, what u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pets

• I think that if it is a question of cancer and the pet's quality of life that it would be a good idea to get a second opinion.

Answer by Bmat at 7:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes, I would bring the dog in for a 2nd opinion.
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i'd get a second opinion
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes, I would get a second opinion.
    mamaraylene

Answer by mamaraylene at 7:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would definitely get a second opinion. Good luck!
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 8:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'd get a second opinion with anything that big.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 10:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Did he look at the fluid undder a microscope?? Sometimes on different kind of growths you can see cancer cells under a microscope. You could ask them to run a calcium test on the dog, most times with cancer you will see a high calcium level.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 12:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If he did a fine needle biopsy or aspirated it and looked at the sample, it's quite possible that it really IS cancer. There are many different kinds of lumps and bumps dogs can get. Some are benign--like lipomas. Others like histiosarcomas are of more concern. What treatment options did he give your mom?
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 5:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2010