What am I going to do?

I need help. I am really depressed, I cant do anything.

The house is filthy, beyond filthy, DH wont help do a thing because i dont do anything when he is at work.

I just wanted to vent, but I am feeling so useless... I dont ever remember being really happy, and now Im miserable.

Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Health

• start working out, just motivate yourself and you'll feel better. then do a deep cleaning on your house and keep it up. that will make you feel better.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• see a doctor
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• See a doctor and ask about anti-depressents.

Try to do some activities that you enjoy or that pamper you, to give yourself a brake.

Make a "happy" playlist and clean to the music, dance around a bit.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Start cleaning! Maybe if he sees you doing it, it will motivate him to help?
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Talk with a doctor and rule out anemia, thyroid problems, depression. If you start feeling better you'll feel more like cleaning. Call the doctor now or first thing in the morning.

Answer by Bmat at 7:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• see your doctor about depression for starters..

secondly, just pick a room and start cleaning. It's not fun, but after it's done, you'll feel more and more declutered. A messy house can actually make you MORE depressed, so clean a little, treat yourself, clean a little more.. and start feeling some of the weight lifting from yourself.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• There was a point in my life I felt like that too. Close your eyes and try to think of the things in your life that can make you smile. As hard as it is, try to be positive about things. Make an appointment with your doctor. Explain what you are feeling. He may prescribe you an antidepressant or refer you to a counselor or both.
    Begin your day by picking something up in the house...don't sit down until you do. Once you get started, maybe you'll feel good about it and you won't be able to stop..you won't want to.
    Do it for yourself..a cleaner house will help you to feel better.
    Its a small start, but you've got to start somewhere. Don't give up.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yes the mess is so overwhelming for you and that is what is bringing you down start from one section and do another later you don't have to do it all at one time you'll never finish. A pile at a time. YOU ARE NOT ALONE start doing something for you or you will make yourself really sick. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Take deep breathes...Find someone that you can just talk to about this and if you need some help maybe ask like a friend over one day and see if theyll help you out so your not sooo stressed
    mommyluvshunter

Answer by mommyluvshunter at 8:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010