I still don't get the credits thing, help!

OK, I have 251 total credits, 40 credits earned, of which 24 are core credits and 15 are extra credit, and 84 core credits available now. NONE of that adds up!

Can anyone explain it to me simply? PLEASE!

kjrn79

Asked by kjrn79 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in About CafeMom

• The 24 core and 15 extra are for today so far. The rest of the 251 are what you have received on other days. The 84 core credits available are what you can get by answering, asking, bumping, and voting. Any other credits are extra that you get when somebody bumps your question or votes your answer up or chooses your answer as best answer.

Answer by Bmat at 7:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The 24 core credits that you got today so far were from you asking, answering, bumping, voting.

• see I just bumped you, so you'll get points for that too now. :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• So if I ask answer, bump and vote more today I can earn up to those 84 "available" to-go like credits? and if I keep going (like I have time), I cant get more than 84 more today? Is that right?
    kjrn79

Comment by kjrn79 (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• OK, I have 251 total credits, 40 credits earned, of which 24 are core credits and 15 are extra credit, and 84 core credits available now. NONE of that adds up!

actually you have 239 total credits, 40 credits may be just your DAILY credits earned, and you have 84 core credits you can still get by the end of the day.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• you can't earn more than 84 more CORE credits (those you get for answering questions, posting questions, bumping questions, or giving plus to an answer)

You can still earn extra credit for bumps YOU get, or plus's YOU get.. or if you are selected best answer in a question.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Please come to Phi Beta Momma. All the information you could need is compiled there, and you can sound off on the new policies as well

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010