What are you doing for the fourth of july?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 7:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Holidays

• Our town always has this thing called "Christmas in July" with music and food (its kind of like a glorified farmers market, with different tents and booths and stuff) the weekend closest to the fourth, and then they always do fireworks at the county park, so we're planning on doing that, and getting together with my husband's cousin and his wife and their two little ones (they're our best friends) to watch and hopefully we'll be able to do smores and grill out or something! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Every year the Chamber of Commerce spends THOUSANDS of dollars on fire-works and they shoot them off a boat on the lake. It really is beautiful. We've been every year, even last year. Even though it was the day after I got out of the hospital after having DD via c-section and I had to walk 2 miles WHILE carrying her in her car-seat! lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We're going to the Taste of Chicago, possibly my brother's house to hang out, and then seeing a fireworks show in the evening.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Going to watch Landon Donovan and the Los Angeles Galaxy. It's what I do every year. My supporters group friends and I get together to BBQ at the local park, then we walk over to the match, and after we watch the Fireworks that the Galaxy put on. They're awesome.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• being bored out of my gourd.

We aren't invited anyplace, we can't think of anyone to invite over here. The fireworks have been cancelled d/t money. Just plain old, what's the use of a holiday????
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry your holiday got spoiled kjrn79 :(. There isn't another town hosting them in your area?
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010