How is your local weather service?

I hate how ours never will give warnings for potential tornadoes, even if we are having weather conditions capable of producing them.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 7:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ours are pretty good. They are right on with their predictions most of the time, an exception being amount of snowfall. They often don't predict correctly how much snow there will be.

Answer by Bmat at 7:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have an alarm system that beeps at us for severe weather, and will announce tornadoes. It's great, except when it goes off when the kids are napping!
    I don't know about our local weather service- we don't have a normal TV or Radio... Just a buncha computers!

Get yourself a NOAA Weather Radio- It goes off with a siren to alert you of potential danger- runs about $15. If you are in tornado alley, I would suggest getting one!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Ours is awesome... It's usually right, so I know I can trust it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Ours goes off I think a little to much. I stupidly have gotten in the habit of just not paying attention to them hardly anymore. Now if the sky is teal I jump. I have watched many tornado's go down the interstate that is a couple of miles from my house.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• even the national weather service didn't issue warnings, even though the storm system was noted to being capable of producing them.

The only warnings were for severe thunderstorms. It's not like NY doesn't occasionally get them..

It's the same system that had a larger tornado rip through Michigan a day or so ago.

It's like the weather people specifically refuse to issue these types of warnings. Thankfully it wasn't excessively damaging (no injuries reported) and was about an hour south of where I live, but still.

Ticks you off knowing that thing could have been on top of my house, and I may not have been aware of it's potential because they won't issue warnings. Stupid weather people!
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010