anyone else fed up with their house/home?

i just hate my town home, its big in size but most of it is wasted space, and how the windows and vents are its hard to arrange things. the worst is we dont have a screen door on the front door, its just an ugly redish metal door with a half circle at the top. i miss havin the front door open to let air in. it seems most newer homes dont have the screen door.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I understand. I have a twin home and the design is not the greatest. My living room has vaulted ceilings so the stair way is exposed and there is a door in the corner, then the other side has huge windows and the rest of the room is open. It took us over two years to figure out how to arrange our furniture so it didnt look stupid.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No :D I was just saying to my husband yesterday how much I love our house.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have also noticed that most new homes don't have the screen and it bugs me!! But they are easy to instale and usually are pretty cheap. Also you should look on a room set up website they have great Ideas for maximizing your space.
    homemaker4him

Answer by homemaker4him at 7:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yes! we have roaches and bed bugs!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• See if you can have a screen door installed since you miss one so much. Meanwhile if your windows are screened, maybe you can open those.

Answer by Bmat at 7:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yeah, I think screen doors are a thing of the past. I like having one too. I have seen furniture placed in front of windows. Not up against them but out at least 6-7 inches in front of them. Beds can be placed in front of them too. Allow drapes to open and close behind bed. It can be very pretty withdrapes closed behind a bed.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yep I cant wait to move next month I live is this awful place in a state I hate!!!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Nope, I love it, especially after visiting our old home that my mother now lives in. It is amazing how much difference 1500 makes.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 7:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• *1500 sf
    twin_mommy

• Yes some days I am. This is my first house so its been a learning experience. There are features of the house that I love and there are features that I try to do my best at modifying. For instance, the back yard needs shade. Well I will plant trees. Fixed.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010