Breast pain?

Ok have searching the internet and not finding an answer Im gathering the balls to ask here lol.
My breasts have been extremely sore on and off for the past couple of months. Putting pressure on the breast itself is sore, but more towards the nipple is the worst. If you put pressure anywhere near my aerola its definatly not pleasurable. They are also itching a bit on the sides.
Now I know for a fact that I cant be preggers cause I havent had sex in about 6 months. I am due for my period next week, but there has never been a connection between the soreness/itching and my period. It really comes in spurts can be for one day then gone for a week, or last a whole week and then gone for a month. It is driving me nuts, it feels good to take my bra off but if i lay on my chest thats a different story.
I dont think I could be growing, but the symptoms match it... I am 23 if that helps.

Trotterswife

Asked by Trotterswife at 7:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Health

• How old is your last child? It sounds like it could be mastitis, an infection. I'd see the doctor as soon as you can. You shouldn't be that uncomfortable.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• diff physical activities? or possible allergic reaction?
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 7:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No physical activities other than what im used to. Oldest child just turned 5. Ive never been allergic to anything that i know of.
    Trotterswife

Comment by Trotterswife (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010