What do you believe in?

S/O of the non-believer question...

Everyone believes in something... We just don't all believe in the same things... So, what do you believe in?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe in one "right" religion. I think that many religions worship the same God and don't know it. I think that God loves people of all religions and I don't believe you're doomed to Hell just because you don't follow a certain doctrine. I believe that if you're good at heart, that God knows that, and that you're safe. I think that it's impossible for anyone to truly KNOW which religion is the one and true religion, and I don't believe that God EXPECTS us to know. I could go on and on, but there's a start. I follow universalism. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i believe i may not be right, and that other's may not be right. but it's fun to figure it out.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• empathy, justice, doing the right thing, love, peace, I would add quiet but I have a child with a serious case of the Mondays
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I believe that there is a higher power and one day i am going to have to answer to him. I follow a specific religion.
    Trotterswife

Answer by Trotterswife at 7:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost/Spirit are three seperate beings. Jesus Christ died so that we have a way back to our Heavenly Father through repentence. Families are forever. There is a Prophet here on this earth today, and Jesus Christ leads HIS church today. The power of the Priesthood has been restablished on this earth. The Book of Mormon is another Testament of Jesus Christ and supports the Bible in it's teachings.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• LoVe that answer about the case of the Mondays. Such a same type of day here, so quiet is out. But all those good qualities are presorted at conception, just it seems the mind loves legos and polly pockets a whole lot more than some of those qualities!! Just kidding of course, and great answer!!!!
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 8:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I am a Wiccan- Witch... I believe in a Goddess and a God (balance) with both the Gods/esses having many names, but are all the same.
    I believe in reincarnation that when a person dies, their spirit/soul goes to rest until the time to continue their life journey.
    I believe that when the journey is completed, you become a part of everything, Earth, Air, Water, Universe....
    I also believe in the power of Magick... that the inner energies within ourselves when directed wisely can do powerful things.
    As I am a firm believer of the 'Harm None" rule...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The seven principles of Unitarian Universalism sums up what I believe in rather nicely.

The inherent worth and dignity of every person
    Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
    Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth
    A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
    The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
    The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
    Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 8:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't necessarily believe in "GOD" but I believe there is something out there. I don't follow a specific religion, as far as I know anyways. I believe we are all sent here to follow a path to learn things that we did not learn in our past lives, a path that we have planned out for ourselves. I do not really know how to explain my beliefs, but I try to make the right decisions and be respectful of other people, and I teach my child to do the same.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 8:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The inherent worth and dignity of every person
    Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part"

You said it much better than my ramblings, lol. I believe in this. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010