Did you tell the truth?

I've been with my SO for almost two years, have one child together and we are getting married in August. Yesterday he asked how many partners I've had, for the first time. I feel soooo guilty! It caught me off guard and I lied!!! I cut the number in half to 7?? All he said was OK, just curious. Has anyone else done this? I don't want the lie between us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• 100% I'm honest... I have my DH beat in numbers by at least 2 to 3 times.... I never lied to him about it, nor do I see a good reason to do so.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No, I told my husband the truth.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• If my s/o would ask me..I'd tell him the truth. I'm not a person to lie!! A relationship is based on honesty Hun!
    mommyluvshunter

Answer by mommyluvshunter at 8:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I never got asked the questiion but I would have told the truth, my number was small!

Answer by older at 8:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I just told SO too many to count. He laughed and said the same for him! We're old and have had lots of time to have experiences. lol That's what attracted us to each other.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was honest with my dh from the start. I wanted him to know about my past so that he would have a better understanding of who I am. I told him everything before he had even proposed. It was something that he had to really take into consideration. (Especially since we waited until after we were married to have marital relations.)
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No, I did not lie.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have always been honest with my husband about how many I had been with before him. It is a part of my past and what made me who I am today. I am not ashamed so I didn't feel any need to lie about it.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• if he loves you enough to marry you then the number of people youve been with in the past should not matter to him. so if that little lie is bothering you i would tell hiom you were caught off guard and felt embarrassed and tell him the real amount <3
    mummylove17427

Answer by mummylove17427 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Gee am I the only one that lied?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2010