I just lost my job June 4th and me and my hubby are looking at this like its a blessing to try and concieve...are we crazy? or is this the best time...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You're not crazy!!! It would be a fabulous time! :)
    mommyluvshunter

Answer by mommyluvshunter at 8:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'd be waiting to TTC. Can you get by on just his salary without too much difficulty?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well with Unemployment we should be fine...but he said he would do anything for us...if my unemployment runs out he would get a second job if need be...hopefully it wouldnt come to that.
    Kellixclark

Answer by Kellixclark at 8:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• If you can swing it, I don't think it's crazy at all. Your husband sounds like a keeper for sure!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Are you nuts??? This is how people end up on the welfare cycle. You need to be financially secure before having a child. Financially secure means having money saved, money that can get you through a long while without help from the government. Do you have any money put back for retirement? How are your vehicles? What is your living situation..rent or own..sufficient size or too small for a family?

This may seem harsh, but hon those of us that are paying the biggest tax bills have reached our max. I can't afford any more taxes. The country is broke, the money being paid out in unemployment right now has been borrowed from China. Have you ever driven a car that was "out of gas"..you are floating along on fumes praying you make it to the gas station? This is our country right now except there is no gas station..when the car goes dead we are going to have to walk.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think having a child is a blessing at any time...but as a pp said-this is how the welfare cycle starts. Why bring a child into your lives while its financially stressful? its hard enough on a relationship to be broke, its hard enough to go from having two of you to becoming parents...so why add them together?
    to me its like you are stacking the deck against yourselves. be responsible. wait.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I understand where you are coming from.... The desire of wanting a child overpowers any logical "conclusion" to wait. We lost our middle child at 30 weeks and we are TTC now. I may be trying to fill a void that will never be filled but I want another baby now too. It's not the perfect time, we are in school and my Husband is the only one working. We are both working towards our RN to better our financial situation and many people have told us to wait...... but...... we aren't. We know it's not perfect timing but a child is always a blessing and God's timing IS perfect. So, do what you need to do just don't fall under. It may be a bit selfish to ask your hubby to get another job unless you are both on board and agree 100%. :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I say do a look over of your bills. If you can do it with some cuts from yours and hubs spending then it would be a great time. I do n ot agree that you should have to have a savings set up and retirement and all that crap. IF that was the case then no one would have kids. And look how ppl 40 and 50yrs ago did it. They didnt usually have savings and all the crap ppl how now adays and they usually had large close families. Money is not everything and if God sees fit for you guys to have a baby then I say that is a wonderful blessing!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 11:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i completly agree with ^^^ couldnt have said it better
    Italiana88

Answer by Italiana88 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2010