Do you have a different bedtime for your kids in the summer than during school?

mommy2boys03

Asked by mommy2boys03 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I let them stay up later as long as they're not fighting. They know that they have to be up by 9, regardless of when they go to bed.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yes
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Sure do - my monkeys are with their gp's right now and I KNOW that my parents don't enforce the 830 rule. Once they are home with me, then the bedtime goes back to 830. i have to be at work at 7, they MUST be up and moving at 6
    mcpavelka

Answer by mcpavelka at 8:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My kids are just babies. But with the time change, we kept the same bed time. So instead of 8 they now go to bed at 9. This way when we are out and about we don't have to leave at 6 to get home, have bath time and night time routine. When the clocks go back their bedtime will be 8 again....which means they'll be up an hour earlier.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes, during the summer I let my son stay up a little later. However, we will get back into school routine about 2-3 weeks before school starts.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• During the school year, they are in bed by 7:30 or 8. During the Summer, there is really no set time, but they're usually in bed by 10 anyway.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No, they have the same basic bedtime, so if we are at home with no other plans we follow bedtime (they are up at 6:30 every morning), but if we have plans for the evening I don't stress too much about them being up a little later.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 11:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Not really. They have a 9pm bedtime irregardless of the time of year. However, in the summer we're more willing to allow them a night of staying up late here and there. For example, my DS just got a telescope for his 8th birthday. It didn't even get dark out until 9 here this week and the moon wasn't rising until 9:30. We let both kids stay up to about 10 pm to try out the telescope. We try not to make it a regular thing, but it's much more likely to be a "stay up late" night in the summer than any other time. On vacation? forget it. We do what we can to keep bedtime near normal but with a hotel room shared between 4 of us, family visits, etc....we don't worry if bedtime goes astray. LOL!
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 9:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• 8pm no matter what unless we decide it is a special night such as movie night. After 8[m is my chill time.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2010