When do you start to buy school supplies for next year?

mommy2boys03

Asked by mommy2boys03 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter goes back to school the end of August this year so probably the beginning of the month I will start to buy her things.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• About 2 weeks before school. If I started any earlier I wouldn't be able to find what I bought!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• As soon as possible, I love buying school supplies! My son is just starting K this fall so I'm assuming they'll tell us what they need at some point. In the mean time I will be buying whatever I think he'll need when I see a good price. I still have a good stock of glue from last fall but he needs stuff like markers and colored pencils.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• about 2-3 weeks before school starts, unless I see something really cute/neat that I think one of them would like.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• july
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 8:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• If you have a list of the supplies in advance it makes it a whole lot easier because when you see the items on sale you can
    pick them up. I never liked shopping for all the supplies at once because there is a lot of pressure to fulfill the need the day the teacher asks for them.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• we usually try to get them through out the year. and when they have tax free weekend we stock up. not only can we use them at home but they have extra for school
    rainfey

Answer by rainfey at 12:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• As soon as Wal-Mart put up their cheap school supplies. I found out that if you wait until a week or two before school starts all the things you need that were cheap are already sold out.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2010