Is it impolite to order meat dishes at a restaurant knowing that the person sitting next to you is vegetarian?

Energ8zr

Asked by Energ8zr at 8:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no, if they don't want to eat meat they won't order it. now ordering chicken fingers as an appetizer might be rude.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Not at all. Being a vegetarian is their choice, just as being a meat eater is yours.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• no.....now of you were to ask them to take a bite and try your meat dish..that would not be too nice...lol...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• is it wrong of them 2 eat only veggies if u r eating only meat? no. goes both ways.
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 8:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• they should be just as respectful of your choices in diet as you are of theirs. no one should have to make sacrifices in what the eat just because they are worried about offending
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Nope....
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think it depends on the person. For example, I have a friend who has been a vegetarian since 2nd grade. Its just his personal choice. He prefers not to eat meat, mostly because he doesn't like it and doesn't feel like his body likes it. So he wouldn't mind if I were to choose to eat it. But I could see someone who doesn't eat meat because of animal rights or for religious reasons thinking it would be rude if I were to eat meat in front of them, so if they had moral/religious/etc objections to eating meat, rather than just preferring not to, I wouldn't eat it around them.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No, I'm a vegetarian and really don't care what others eat.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 8:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't think it is. I mean, they aren't the ones eating it, you are.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't think so. My brother and dad are both vegetarians and I eat meat around them all the time. I also have friends who are vegetarian and I eat meat around them too. If they asked me not to, I probably wouldn't have a problem with ordering something else, but since they don't care, then I'll eat meat.
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 8:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010