when did your child stop having accidents??

My SS is four, he was potty trained at three. Since then he wouldn't have any accidents. Then all of a sudden he has some daily and every night. So he wears pull ups. I ask him many times during the day if he has to go?? But still any advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My dd had stopped having accidents by age three until my MIL came for a visit. We are still dealing with the aftermath. Sounds a little like your situation with the out of no where accidents. Just be patient. It will come back to him.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 8:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• all night around 7-9
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Good luck, my son is 3 and JUST went into regular underwear in the daytime. He is in pullups at night as we haven't tackled nighttime yet. He doesn't have a lot of accidents. I was proud of him that he made it through TWO doctor's appts with no accidents today.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 9:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• dd sometimes still has accidents at night....but not all the time....if he was doing really good for a long time and then started having the accidents, there could be more to it. Is he stressed out about something? anything? is there or has there been a change recently? sleep schedule ....any of those could cause the accidents. dont punish him and take him out of the pull up. deal with the accidents when they come but dont lose your cool....im pretty sure he is embarrassed about it too.
    Bekah062205

Answer by Bekah062205 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• try to limit his intake of liquids before bed and make sure he emptys his bladder right before bed
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 11:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• my DD was around 3 when she stopped having accidents. my 8 yr old SS still wears pull-ups to bed just in case.
    Melissa_anne

Answer by Melissa_anne at 4:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2010