I just read this opinion and............

I can't believe that there are still these kind of people around, specially in Miami!
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/27/1701792/we-must-stand-up-to-prejudice.html

Asked by older at 8:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Kitten, the author was complaining about another shopper, NOT an employee.

My opinion about this? Sounds like someone needs her meds adjusted. While I know that some people may feel this way, they generally don't express it quite so vehemently!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• People aren't anti immigrants they are anti ILLEGAL immigrants. WHY is that so hard to understand?? The FIRST LINE of the article completely discredits the author right there. I have NEVER met ANYONE who is anti immigration.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I an Hispanic.
    Born and raised here.

We may have a smaller chance of having this happen to us if the folks from Mexico would stop bleeding the damned country DRY!
    OMG,people, please stop stepping over the obvious, on purpose, okay?
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• And I read the rest of the article and find it VERY far fetched. IF it happened (which I HIGHLY doubt) then it was obviously a crazy person! Do you (or the author) TRULY believe that MOST people believe ALL Spanish speaking Americans are terrorists? Please!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Do they resent the LEGAL Cubans or are they overwhelmed with an influx of people that are NOT here legally, aggravated with the strain it's put on the local economy? Whats the crime ratio and IS there a problem with crimes committed by illegal immigrants? My Step Dad was in the coast guard for 33 years. We were stationed in St. Pete for 4 yrs and he was on the ships that unloaded the rafts full of illegally immigrating cubans. They were in rafts and crowded and almost dead. If all those people had made it and landed they would have been a HUGE strain on the economy and there WOULD have been an uptick in criminal activity. This tends to piss people off when it's let slide! YES their home land is awful.....but ya know the CURRENT admin and his cronies think Cuba is AWESOME.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• People are angry that's for sure and will attack and want to be right rather than wrong. Sadly there are probably more people like this all over the country and yes even in history ... it was the Jews, the Chinese, the Irish, the African Americans, the American Indians, the Latinos and Hispanics! Every single one of these races have been dehumanized in one shape or another at one time in history. We as humans are so bent on dehumanizing race or humans and say they are nothings when that is not true. They are living breathing humans who deserve the chance to live in a place where they believe is free! ( Abortion fits in this dehumanizing catagory but I left this out for now because we are talking about racism atm ! I will in the near future post a journal with this extension from something I read recently that blew my mind) Anyway these are my thoughts why people act like this. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• older

Comment by older (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Illegal yes but this only became an issue when we put a law in place. Before this many people including many of our ancestors came here legally, there was no law back then but there was a lot of prejudice back then !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• momo, living in Miami for the last 50 years has taught me that there are still a lot of people that resent the Cuban take over of this City, we have taken over politically and financially. Obviously this woman had a bit of crazy for expressing herself this way, but the fact is thar the natives left in Miami are resentful of the fact that hispanic dominate the city.

Comment by older (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• momo, but ya know the CURRENT admin and his cronies think Cuba is AWESOME.

I do not agree with you on this, if this were true why has the embargo not been lifted?

Comment by older (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010