I need some advice please ladies

So im 16 and i havee a 10 month old baby boy and their is something inside of me that wants another baby already and i know that i dont need another one yet even though we are living on our own. I was hoping yall can find some things that can make me want to wait longer. Any reasons yall can think of for me to wait? Please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wait longer, much longer. It's the hormones that are making you want another. It's what happens to most of us.
    You are only 16 and you want to give yourself and your sweet one the best possibilities. I'm sure you are a terrific Mom and know that having a full life for your self means a fuller life for your children too.

Don't tie your self down too young with a bunch of children.
    My Niece who was 16 with her first and 17 with her second now about to be 21 wishes with all of her might that she would of waited to have the second or heack first. She loves them with all of her self and I'm proud of her she has gone back to school and is trying to do something for her self and children.

I hope for your and their sake you just wait :o) You have a lot of time to wait.
    Best of luck to you and yours :o)
    Julie
    3Guys1Mom

Answer by 3Guys1Mom at 9:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It is perfectly normal for you to have urges and yearning. Completely normal. It is how Mother Nature continues the species. However Mother Nature doesn't worry about a mother struggling to deal with a couple little children and keep them in food and clothes and give them good medical care and schooling- she simply doesn't care. She just wants to keep the species going. So she gives the women urgings. Tell Mother Nature to hold off for a couple years, unless you have plenty of money now for housing, medical care, food, schooling. - I am speaking of schooling and day care for the children. If you still need to finish your schooling and get a job, then this should be a higher priority for you than having more children right now. Make yourself the best that you can be for the sake of the human beings that you are bringing into the world. You'll be happier knowing that you have done so. And if I may- ((hugs)) to you.

Answer by Bmat at 8:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i am 21, and i have a two yr old.. i go through the same feelings some times but then when my dd acts out i realize that i would never be able to deal with that if i had another. also with a new baby and being so young its much more difficult to do the things you want to do and live your own life while giving your child the time and attention they deserve, let alone adding another baby to the mix!! lol i always said i would have a baby one after the other but after having my dd i realized that its not as easy as it might seem and being so young and having such a responsibility is one of the most difficult things to deal with when times get stressful.. and having 2 children it will be much harder to get a break and find a sitter.. take your time and dont rush through life <3
    mummylove17427

Answer by mummylove17427 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• it's probably hormones. i think most women go through that. i know i did. about her first bday i started really really wanting another baby.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• You are realizing how much love you have for your baby and that you have more to offer to another baby, that is your motherly instinct. There is plenty of time for you and you will have more beautiful babies.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• If you have two kids it will be harder to focus on school.

Decker

Answer by Decker at 8:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Because some day you're going to regret not being able to go out and have fun like a teen should be able to do. Having one kid,its easier to find a sitter so you can go hang with friends.Grow up a little before you decide,you got like 20 years to make up your mind!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• can you financially afford to? You have a 10month old, and if you aren't fully supporting that child on your own there is no way you can support another child.

Secondly, health wise, doctors advise waiting up to at LEAST a year, preferably two, before having another baby so your body can heal enough to produce another healthy baby. (have babies too close together can create health issues in children because your body isn't healed enough to properly grow another one).

thirdly, you may want to make sure you have enough time between children to focus on YOUR future and your long term goals, like finishing school, college, etc.

Fourthly, most of your emotions are probably hormonal.

(these are reasons I can think of why you may not want to have another baby)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• You would love a second baby just as much as your first, of course, but just think what a close bond you can have with your son if he's an only child for a while longer! I had my kids several years apart and I really feel it was one of the best things I could have done for my oldest child. He and I had plenty of time to establish a strong bond before he had a sibling, so we had almost no issues with jealousy once his sister came along. And because he was older and more independent when his sister was born, I had more time and energy for her.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 8:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• me and my boyfriend do support the kid on our on we have both livied away from both of our parents since our son was born.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010