can i still take a bath or go into a pool i cant remember

i cant remember for the life of me now i am dilating and i am in pain shes been on my sciatic nerve and i know before i found out i was dilating they said to take a warm bath or to go into a pool and that work but i dont know if i can now still do that

i know i dont have that much longer to go so im trying to live out the pain im 37 weeks so only 3 more weeks left if she comes by due date

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know alot of women use a warm bath to relax in while in labor so I dont see why you cant use a warm bath to help with the pain now. asl long as you arent in active labor I dont see it being a problem.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• As long as your amniotic bag is still intact no problem. Once it ruptures no, the risk of infection goes way up. No jacuzzi though.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes you can go in a bath and a pool, many women give birth in baths and pools. Just make sure the bath is not too hot. Good luck mama!
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 8:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• bath yes,pool no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Swimmer will probably take the pressure off from the baby. I think a bath is nice too. I never heard of anyone not being able to do those things unless you doc says otherwise.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The water shouldn't be too warm if you are going into a bath. It could raise your body temperature too high. Ask your doc how warm the water should be, I think it's like no warmer than 98 degrees or something like that but I can't be sure. I know showers can be as hot as you want them to be though.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yes, but absolutely NO hot tubs!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My midwife says that a hot bath (not too hot!) or swimming is not only safe, but GOOD for me. I'm 37 weeks today and I'm 4 cm dialated and 70% effaced and she reccommends I take two relaxing soaks a day to relieve pressure and ease the stress on my nerves. I think the only thing you really need to be concerned with is that the water is clean. Most pools are treated with chlorine, which sanitizes the water, and as long as you keep your tub clean, then I think all should be just fine.
    NIKopotamous

Answer by NIKopotamous at 2:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2010