Is religion a deal breaker for you when it comes to your relationships w/men?

believejohn316

Asked by believejohn316 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Our marriage improved so much after my husband gave his life to Christ. He had been an Atheist for many years and the last two before he became a Christian he was very mean to me about my faith and only went to church to pick everything a part. It was really tough to stick it out but I felt it was the right thing and when he gave his life to Christ I about fell out of my chair. He came that night to embarrass me at church so I could not go back he left a born again man.lol If I ever found myself single again and were to date the guy would have to be a Christian. I would not be with someone of a different faith again it is too important to me to compromise with a partner like that again. 

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Absolutely. But only if he IS religions, which tends not to fall in line with the type I am attracted to. IF a religious man COULD keep it to his self, and not allow it to ruin a relationship, then it wouldn't be an issue.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No. My husband and I have very different spiritual beliefs. We make it work and are raising our children to find/choose their own beliefs.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm Pagan... My DH is Christian...

So No, as long as they don't expect me to change my beliefs, I can deal with the fact that we are different... We have other differences too, none are a big deal.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• *religious
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes... it would be.. I would not marry someone who didnt have the same beliefs as I do.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes, it would be.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Absolutely! Many of my views on parenting are based on what I believe religiously. I could never marry a man if we had different religious views. I have a cousin who is christian. She married a Jewish man. Now most of their problems stem from their religious beliefs.
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• only in the aspect that they must respect mine and must not try to convert me to theirs.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I never even considered religion when I was dating.  It wasn't until well after we were married that I discovered my husband was an atheist.    I was lucky to marry a man with the same beliefs as me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010