I need help. It is very hot in my 2.5 year old DD's room and I can't open the windows

Because she will rip the screan and I am afraid she will fall out the window or something. I have a child proof lock on it because she knows how to open the windows. I do have a fan in her room, but it isn't working. She normally don't give me problems about gonig to bed, but tonight she is because it is very hot in her room. What can I do to make it less hot if anything since I can't open the windows? We don't have air conditioning and I don't have money to go out and by one for her room.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I dont know if it will help so much for tonight, but if the window is one that opens up, you can cut a piece of wood to go over the top of the bottom pane that only lets the window open a few inches. Put the fan directly on her. Give her a glass of cold water, or cool rag and keep the bedroom door open to keep the air circulating
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Is there a way to open it from the top?
    dastephan6

Answer by dastephan6 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• If you have any other fan then use that. Otherwise I'd let her camp out in my room. I'd make up a little sleeping area for her on my floor. My boys used to love camping out in my bedroom from time to time, and there were never an issues from cosleeping.

Answer by Bmat at 9:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• go stay with someone else.
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 9:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Give her a bath,don't completley dry her off and let her sleep in her underwear or diaper and have the fan going..if that doesnt work...have everyone sleep on the living room floor with wevery fan in the house pointed on you guys,lol. I've been there..it works,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• can ya'll camp out outside 2nite
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 9:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

There is, but even though the top is open the bottom can still open so she is strong enoguh to open both windows if you know what I a trying to say?
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

We have tried this a few times nad she will not go to sleep she will sit there pick at you and everything whatever she has to in order to keep herself awake lol
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• go stay with someone else

I can't stay with someone else all summer long even if I could I would have noone else anyway
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Could you have her stay in your room tonight? And open up your window in your room.
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010