should you pee before ttc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Actually, DragonRider, I've always heard that peeing after sex is better than before. During intercourse, especially missionary position, bacteria gets shoved into the urethrea. Peeing afterwards will push the bacteria out before it has a chance to travel upwards.

OP, I don't think I could really help you with this one. I've found that a slighly full bladder increases sexual pleasure. The bladder pushes into the vaginal wall making certain pleasure points more accessable. I always pee afterwards to prevent UTI as I'm prone to them. I don't think peeing before will do anything to affect your conception chances.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 9:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If you need to go it is usually a good idea to go b4 hand. And when ttc it is a good idea to sit for atleast 5 or 10min to make sure as little of the sperm leaks out as possible! That is what I have found. Hope it helps!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 9:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• you mean before sex? If so then yes they say to pee before and after sex.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes. It's best to pee before and after sex, but if you can't do both, before is better than after (though after is better than not at all). It's a good way to prevent UTIs.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010