is my brother gay?

he had a gorgeous girlfriend some years ago but mainly is a loner. he's super smart, he's a lawyer, but he is totally in the goth thing... makeup, fine clothes. he used to dress up as frank for rocky horror and goes by that name. he is totally into oscar wilde. our family is very much on the side of gay rights, and he's really eccentric... my husband swears he's gay, but i'm thinking he's not - he does get excited talking about cute girls although his main focus is generally himself... what should i consider?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• sorry, but you'll have to ask him.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• he is SOOOO gay!! Lol, but seriously...you need to ask your brother this.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Whatever he tells you. If he is, it'll come out when he's ready. You said he's a lawyer so that makes me think he's at least in his 20s or older. If your family was ok with and he was, he'd have said it already. I just figure it's be hard to hide for THAT long.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Honestly, you can't sterotype gay men or women into one certain kind of person. If he is, he is. He will come out when he's ready. He might just be a loner. ALOT of straight guys are. Maybe you could make up a story about your friend from school coming out and you were so happy for her/him or something like that. Maybe he is scared of reactions?!?! Good luck!
    Amanda52007

Answer by Amanda52007 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I knew lots of sraight guys who wore makeup and skirts...so...?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well.. who cares?
    If he's gay and he wants everyone to know, he'll let everyone know.
    It seems like there are certain guys who think that other men are gay just because they wear make up, dress nice, or dress entirely differently aka feminine. Doesn't mean they are.

If you're curious, I would ask.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Hard to tell! My DH wore a skirt one...of course it was on a dare...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2010