What should I expect at a Maternal Fetal Medicine appointment?

I am 18 weeks and I have an appointment with the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctors tomorrow morning because there is a possibility that I have Lupus. I have never been actually diagnosed with Lupus because I have never shown any symptoms, but for the past 2 and 1/2 years all blood tests I have had have come back positive for it. I was just curious if anyone could give me an idea of what to expect when I go to see the specialist tomorrow? Thank you in advance for any help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went because I was having twins.....all they do is have you fill out paperwork, maybe have someone talk to you about premature labor as a side effect of your possible disease, sonograms to make sure baby is ok. That's all that was done for me. I'm assuming they're going to try the best possible to monitor your baby and answer any questions you may have.
    I hope your ok, and that you get through this!!! xoxox
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2010