WTF???

I don't get the new ?'s forum.
Do you?
explaine!!!

WHY the change!! :(

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in About CafeMom

• i'm just wondering what will happen when all the trolls earn enough points to go anon again.

If even one person votes down an anon answer, the person who posted it will lose points (if you post under your name it takes 5 people to downvote before you lose points). The idea is to make the community self policing so they aren't getting 1000 reports an hour because people don't agree about bf/cio/religion/politics/etc.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The why is this--there were a lot of people who would answer anonymously and be rude and nasty to othe posters. Cafe mom came up with this idea so that people could earn different privileges based on them answering/asking questions appropriately.

You earn points for asking questions, answering questions, voting answers up (if you think the answer is a great one) and bumping questions up (if you think the topic is important and needs to be moved up for more answers). As you move up the levels, you earn the privelege of voting questions down (if you think the answer is inappropriate). You will eventually earn the right to answer questions anonymously.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• only real change for me is no more anonymous

plus you can vote up answers you like (or vote down ones later on)

basically you get points for answering & voting & asking BUT you're limited to the number of points you can get for those a day. After those are used up, you just answer like before, no points or anything
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes I am still working on that one too!! I am not a big fam of change!! Bump what the hell is that???
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• it's all so complicated... i just want to answer questions... i'm just wondering what will happen when all the trolls earn enough points to go anon again... wonder if it will be just the same with a new look...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• UGH
    dumb!
    The only times I would answer anon is if it gave insight into my personal life that I don't really want to be public knowledge.
    So I guess now if someone asks a question that I may have something helpful to say - but don't want my personal stuff out there I won't be able to answer anymore.
    Poor planning....

(although I will be glad to not see bobarding anon crazy responces on many questions.....)
    mommymeg03

Comment by mommymeg03 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• ALSO - So if you ask a question anon - and then someone asks for more info and you answer -you then can't answer anon?!?!?!Making it known who asked - which may sometimes be embarassing....

WTF
    mommymeg03

Comment by mommymeg03 (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2010