Painted stencil designs or border paper?

Which do you like best?

I like painting stencil borders, because I can customize the look to coordinate with the rest of my decor and the colors in each room. It takes a long time, but I think the finished results look awesome! :o)

(Yeah, I need to ask more questions! LOL)

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 9:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Painted because the kids can't wreck it by running their hands along it EVERY time they go past. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If you have the talent and patience, I would go with the painted stencils. My sister does wonderful work with them. I, on the other hand, do not have the talent of patience, therefore, I go with borders.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Depends on how much time I have to complete the room. Lots of time - painted border. No time - border paper.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 10:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I like to paint a border to make it more personal and unique, but when it comes time to repaint the room, I notice that the painted stencil leaves a raised surface. The paper border can be completely removed.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Stencil!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• what about a simple border you can add stencils to. less work but you can still customize.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 10:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm really not a fan of either, but I would go with painted over border paper.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2010