she isnt moving as much...... plz answer

im 29 weeks along and im not for sure what is going on but the baby hasnt been moving as much like i feel her maybe 3 or 4 times an hour should i call my doctor or is it just her getting bigger and not kicking and moving as much? this is my first kid so i really dont know what to expect please let me know what you think!!!!!

Paige-0

Asked by Paige-0 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• She may just be growing. If you are really really concerned call your doctor. If not then It may just be that she is going through a period where she is slowing down and resting more due to growth
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 9:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• get you a caffeinated soda and down it. (or orange juice if you are totally against sodas)
    wait about 20-30 minutes and she if starts moving a bit more.
    She might just be sleeping which can be at very odd times since she has no night and day to keep a biological clock, might be running out of room too
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• If your still feeling her move 3-4 times an hour I would think that would be ok. I had a lazy baby and would go almost all day not feeling him. I'm pretty sure around 30 weeks is when they start loosing room in there and don't move as much. I had to go do 3 non stress test just to make my self feel better. If you are worried go to the dr just to make sure and make you feel better.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 9:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I never felt my baby even 3-4 times an hour when i was that far along! Sometimes their movements can be so slight that you can't feel it if your busy and running around. Or...maybe there's just not as much room for him or her to do flip flops like you're used to feeling now that he's getting bigger.

I thought that you were supposed to feel your baby once every hour? Maybe I'm wrong though...?
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think your'e fine. 3-4 times an hour is perfectly normal. The bigger they get, the less you'll feel. It gets pretty crampy in there. =) My daughter was actually on a three day schedule...she's sleep on day one (like I would only feel her maybe once or twice a day) and then day two and three would be crazy movement. She continued that pattern after she was born.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Your baby is getting bigger, its getting harder for her to move around. My doctor always told me to drink a glass of apple juice (something sugary) & lay down on my side right or left it doesnt matter, turn off all distractions such as tv and computer and just concentrate on your belly. Feeling her 3-4/hr is normal. Also google kick count chart that way you can keep track of her movements, you maybe moving around too much to where u arent realizing she is moving. good luck in your pregnancy!!
    noahsmommy0716

Answer by noahsmommy0716 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• eat something with lots of sugar or a small glass of soda... see if it gives her a little rush but if not call the dr... babys can have lazy says too.... good luck!
    staceybear23

Answer by staceybear23 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• my daughter did that too right around 29 weeks i think it was..i was freaked out at first, but its just because shes getting bigger and there isnt as much room in there...if you notice her movements decrease from what they are now then you should definetly call your doctor right away!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• This baby hardly moves at all. I've been stuck on the monitors so many times due to decreased fetal activity, and everytime her heartrate is great and everything is fine. Most docs tell you to lay down with a cold glass of water and in the still silence try to count 10 fetal movements in one hour. Now...most of the time I think that works pretty well...doesn't work for me because my baby NEVER moves 10 times an hour...3-4 movements is normal for my in a 1 hour time span.
    NIKopotamous

Answer by NIKopotamous at 2:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• thank you it really helped i did go ahead and call my doctor and she said that it was very normal
    Paige-0

Comment by Paige-0 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2010