How did you decide on your children's names?

Did you pick names at random, names you just happened to like, family names, celebrity names, famous historical names, traditional names, or was their some other reason?

Personally, I like traditional names with traditional/common spellings.

(Just need to think of one more question! LOL)

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 10:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my daughters are namd for their grandmas. alicia jane for alice jane, and Ella Nora, for Eleanor
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My kids have first name that I thought of and 4 of them have middle names that are family names 2 middle names each, my second son's name he picked and we left his middle name the same because his BM came up with it, he was adopted by us at 3 and we were able to change his name, he wanted Shark but, settled for Carson. I am running out of family members though.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Loved Dallas. Year s ago.. Kristin was so Beautiful! And I Loved that name so I picked Kristin & her middle name was mine, Marie. Kristin Marie. As for my other DD. My DH Loved the name Sherri from a old Song Sherry by the four seasons he picked that name. He claimed our DD was his birthday "gift" that came 9 mos. later!! Then we picked part of my first name for her middle nmkae. Thus Sherri Lynn!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• my baby girls name is eliza annabelle. i liked the name elizabeth, but i heard it everywhere. do you remember the wild thornberries on nickelodeon? lol, i used to love that cartoon and i loved her name. annabelle comes from my favorite edgar allen poe poem 'annabell lee'.
    elizabugsmommy

Answer by elizabugsmommy at 10:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2010