Montessori Schools?

Any mama's out there have (or used to have) kids in a Montessori school? Thoughts? Likes, dislikes? What ages are (were) your kids? DS is not even 2 but I think about these things. LOL.

new_mom808

Asked by new_mom808 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I went to montessori from 3-8th grade...It was great! I have an ability to "think outside the box". It was very beneficial from when I began until about 5th grade, but once middle school hits, i think traditional school setting would best prepare a child for high school...based on my experience. I would love to send my son to one from preschool until about 4th-5th grade.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was bored one day and started researching schools for my son (who is still very young) and I came across a website for a Montessori school and it looked really great. I love the concept so I'm interested to see the answers you get!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have not yet had any personal experiences with the Montessori teaching technique, but I do plan to use it when I begin homeschooling.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 10:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• That's about the ages I'm thinking about too.
    new_mom808

Comment by new_mom808 (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2010