For believers in Fate...

What are your beliefs about Fate? What is it? What's the point of it? How much does it control??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe we are all here for a purpose... What that individual purpose is we don't usually get to know... But we all have lessons to lean and have lessons to help others learn. In order for that to happen our lives have to have certain events in place. So while I think our every day choices are ours to make freely, I also believe that those things which will affect our purpose or lessons are fated to happen and we don't have any control over those aspects of our lives... Of course which parts are fated and which aren't aren't known to us either...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't know if you or anyone else would call be a believer but I always thought it meant that it was something meant to happen in your life.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't believe in fate. I believe we choose our own paths.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm with you. Fate to me is something that is going to inevitably happen. This makes me a little uncomfortable, because I don't like not having control, but I do believe we have some control over our fate as I believe fate and karma go together. Confusing, but makes sense in my mind:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't know if there is any merit in fate or destiny but I can't deny that some things in my life have gone very smoothly and with clockwork precision. 

The spookiest was our move to Canada from England.  It started out with me asking my dh (right out of the blue) if he fancied moving to Canada.  He said yes (just like that).  When I came of shock, we started the wheels turning.  Within a year my dh's immigration visa was granted, our house was sold, we were on a flight, all our possessions were on a ship somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, my dh had a job and they paid ALL of our expenses.  My father always called it fate but who knows.

Even the way in which I met my dh and our courtship has been called fate by people who know us.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think there are somethings that are just going to happen, but how we get there we have control over.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Every one has a purpose in life some are bigger than others but we all have a purpose. Thats what i think. I think every think that happens to use happen for reason also so yeah i believe in fate lol

autumnsunris113

Answer by autumnsunris113 at 8:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't believe in fate. I believe that we have a choice but when we are in line with God's will for our lives and the purpose he created us for, we will be blessed.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I was lying in a hospital room awaiting surgery for an inflamed gall bladder. Fate is the fact that I needed that surgery before the gallbladder ruptured and spread poison throughout my body, and nothing could change that. Whatever was going to happen was going to happen, with or without my permission. My decision to deal with whatever happen, as it came, was my concious mind taking control of the course dictated by Fate. I think that our decisions affect our future, taking us in a direction that some could call Fate. But I also believe that we can choose to take control and change what Fate has in store for us. The laproscopic surgery went perfectly and I am fine today. Fate, like the godforce, can be channeled and controlled. You just have to walk without fear.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I love coincidences, but I dont really believe in fate or predestinations. I believe in God, so if I credit fate, that is like me taking credit away from God.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2010