Feels like she's in my ribs!

I swear, it feels like this baby is growing INSIDE my ribs! I'm 19.5 weeks and feels like every time I sit down my right rib is just pushing out and kills me!

Any suggestions from anyone?? It HURTS!

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 10:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My daughter did that to me too! It lasted a couple of weeks and then she moved and it got better. Suggestions...Sleep on your left side to help with circulation, eat small meals frequently so the food doesn't create more pressure in there and sit up straight. Congrats!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• its probably her foot!!!! My DD's did this (all I could do was massage it then walk around and or turn from side to side to get them to either move or fall asleep and relax. Also if you have a vibrating massager you could run that over your ribs -the vibration may cause you LO to wiggle and move it's little foot. ) GL hun!!! every second is worth it! :-)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• At 19.5 weeks she's probably just pushing other organs up, I'm 18 weeks and it feels like that for me too, but my Dr. said LO is probably just pushing other things up... With my 1st the last couple months she was constantly kicking my ribs hard! And when she wasn't she just had a foot wedged under them with constant pressure :(
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 10:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It was on my right side with DD and this one too...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 10:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry but after I saw the word ribs, I couldnt read the whole question. Now I want some ribs with some bbq sauce, LOL. Don't know why though..this heartburn has my entire esophagus in flames. LOL.
    Okay okay....back to the question at hand...when I was pregnant with my son it seemed like he built his own little cot inside my ribs and thats where he would sleep,lol. I would even try to give him a little push to get him out of there,lol. Didn't work. Try laying on the side that shes not stuck in and maybe gravity will help ya out.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I wish I had suggestions but I am suffering from right rib pain too. It started at 24 weeks and is now much worse at 30 weeks. I had the same issue with my first pregnancy... and it is always only on the right side. The only thing that gives me relief is to lay down, but she usually waits til I'm at work or out of the house to get in that awful position. Sorry I'm not much help, but like a pp said, "every second is worth it."
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 4:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2010