Packing & moving...

We're getting the moving truck tomorrow. Any advice on how to load it?

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 10:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would load the stuff that is not consider every day use. Stuff that you can do with out for a day or so. Or you can always load it 1 room at a time that way when you unload it may be easier that way.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Ummm...have someone else do it?? Haha..just kidding. I've moved a million times - I would say to put the boxes and stuff in the truck first and the big furniture in the front of the truck. That way, you can get the big furniture into your new place easier. The stuff that goes in last should be the stuff that you need to put in the back bedrooms, etc of your new place so you won't be tripping over a couch that you may have already unloaded into your living room. Of course, it depends on the sizes of your boxes, because you don't want everything to get crushed, either.

Just break our your old school Tetris skills and piece it all together! :)
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Pack it in order to how you want to unload stuff. Like if you want to unload big furniture first and move boxes around the furniture, pack the boxes first and the furniture last. Also, when unloading it, it will make it so much easier to unpack if you just put the box in the room it goes in as apposed to just dropping the box somewhere in the house. Good luck, I hate moving!
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 10:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well, perhaps you should move your furniture first and boxes second. If you are going to be able to move it all in one trip then put boxes towards the back and furniture closer to the door. Or something, lol!
    We're moving next month and I haven't actually even thought about loading the truck until just now!!
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 10:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• This is how we did it... load all non using items, such as holiday decorations, books, misc items that you have had stored in basement, attic etc... first... followed by items such as beds, appls. furniture etc... you will want to set up the most used rooms first so you will want those items to be unloaded first including bedding, kitchen items, clothes, etc...
    Good Luck... I have always hated moving..
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010