My divorce is final today,my ex annouces hes getting married and their having a baby,am I selfish or is that just plain wrong???

LogCabinMom

Asked by LogCabinMom at 10:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• My divorce was finalized today to! Welcome to single world with me :) lol For me, it wouldn't bother me, I am so happy that my ex's actions no longer affect me. Stay strong, and take care of yourself, and your children. He can make his own decisions, and mistakes now, and you no longer have to deal with the consequences.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Just thank the heavens that you are now divorced from the obnoxious arrogant jerk. He is HER problem now. I'd laugh at them and say "NICE LIFE SUCCAS! ...Just don't forget to put a stamp on my child support check when your mailing it out!" LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think I'd be annoyed.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 10:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• He's moved on, it appears. It is hurtful, but this attitude may be part of the reason you and he split.

Answer by Bmat at 10:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It may feel wrong but you are divorced now so his personal life is his business now. I'm sure it doesn't feel the best but it's good that he has moved on and is happy now.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think it's normal to move on.... but so quickly? Yea I would definetly be hurt! I think that would be wrong just b/c it's like he could careless how that might make you feel bc at one time he did love you. But look at it this way, at least it's not you!! haha some other lady has to deal with him! lol
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't think you should dwell on it. You obviously knew the relationship was over, hence going through the divorce process.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think it depends on how long the divorce was taking. A co worker of mine and her husband have been battling out the divorce details for 7 years. My ex fought me for 2 years.

I know that there are some people who will say that you shouldn't date until the divorce is final, but to me, my marriage was truly over before I even left. My lawyer knew what I wanted and I let him worry about my divorce. I did not date anyone for a year after I filed for divorce and left.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry you feel bad, but your relationship ended for a reason. Something wasn't working and it was better to end it? You will find someone who will love you and treat you like you deserve to be treated. Your life will be full of joy and you too will have your day. But you can secretly hope his wife grows warts on her nose and her teeth turn yellow and her hair falls out... just kidding! Plan and do something nice for yourself! You too deserve happiness.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• You're divorced now, dont' let it bother you. He's her problem now not yours. Yes its a bit messed up he got her pregnant before you divorced but hey thats life. Dont think about be happy you dont have to deal with him anymore.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010