Steak & Shake charged us TWICE!

Has this happened to anyone else? We got home and I'm checking our bank info and there it is... 2 charges from tonight!

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 10:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've never been double charged, but they gave us the wrong food before. I called the number on the recepit, and they refunded my money. If you call they will probably give you all your mola back!!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Call them and tell them the mistake print off your bank statement and bring it to the manager and demand they put the money back on the card or give you cash. If they refuse dispute it with your bank.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• call steak & shake
    keep your receipt
    check your bank once the items are actually POSTED. Right now it's just a hold, it's not fully complete yet.
    IF it actually posts to the account twice, take the receipt and statement to steak & shake for a refund
    IF it posts twice AND they won't refund you, you'll have to fill out a dispute with the bank

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Hubby paid, they didn't give him a receipt! I ALWAYS get one... but he called & they said they credited it... we shall see...
    RutterMama

Comment by RutterMama (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Call them and call the bank. I've never heard of the place but we've had it with other random places before and it's never been a big deal to resolve.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• even if you don't have the receipt, the bank can still see the two charges within seconds of each other so don't worry too much about the receipt.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• BTW I used to work for the bank service number and dealt with this kind of stuff daily from McDonalds to places like Sears and stuff. It happens all the time.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Call em' , they'll fix it.
    2boimommy

Answer by 2boimommy at 11:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010