• In the Spotlight:

Has anybody else went though 10 weeks in the hospital after ruptured membrains? tell me about it.

My water broke sometime around 18 weeks. They put me in the hospital at 24 weeks. I've been in here 11 days. I'm going crazy. I really miss my soon to be 2 year old that is a home, I just want this to be over with so I can have my son Conner and can go home to my son Korey and my husband. Miss my life, I feel so stuck, and stressed out here.

MommyPost

Asked by MommyPost at 10:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why did they not put you in the hospital when your water broke? Why did they wait so long? All the doctors I know would of put you in the hospital when your water broke?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• They didnt put me in there until 24 weeks, because they said until then he's not viable. another words he would make it so he wasnt worth there time. Its a bunch of bull at 18 weeks after they told me i only had %10 chance they also told me to go back to work, i knew something wasnt right about that and stopped working anyway. I think that doc was just plain crazy, I told them i DID not want to see that doc again, and they gave me another one, it was a female and she said i was to be on full bed rest until 24 weeks when they would put me in the hospital.
    MommyPost

Comment by MommyPost (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My water broke at 24 wks 2 days I lasted until 27 wks 2 days. Being on hospital bed rest is so very hard! What helped me was I made a long term goal of 34 weeks, a medium goal of 28 weeks, and a short term goal that changed as I passed another goal.

Hang in there girl! For every one day you suffer it is 2 less days your baby will be in the NICU.
    momofthree109

Answer by momofthree109 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2010