Best Computer for a 4 year old?

Our daughter is taking over our computers so we decided to get her one for her 4th birthday next march.

Mom2princessq

Asked by Mom2princessq at 10:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Shopping

• No computer is my answer a 4 yr old should be doing more outdoor activites or something else other then playing on a computer all day
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• None. My 3 year old isn't allowed to touch ours at all. That is way too young for a computer.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My grandkids both have "kid" computers that have educational, learning games on them. Hers is a V-tech and they both love it. My grandson is ANXIOUS to get on and play the phonics game because it uses racecars. That is the only computer readily available to them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. I would never buy a 4 year old a computer. That is just ridiculous in my opinion. However I have seen those little V-tech "computers" that grneyedgrandma is talking about and that would be a much better option. They have educational games and stuff.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I totally understand where you ladies are coming form and I respect it.Our DD has a one of those too, Grneyed she loves it. We use our computers alot ,and she likes to play Disney and nick jr games plus Jumpstartpreschool. So we decided to get her a  computer. We let her use it as much as she wants as long as we are sitting with her and she's only playing age appropriate educational games. So if anyone can help me out I appreciate it.

Mom2princessq

Comment by Mom2princessq (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would upgrade one of yours then and put the older model right next to your's if you really think she needs one.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• If you really feel the need for a computer I agree with jamesojustines. Upgrade yours and give her the old one to use. A computer is a major purchase for most people. Birthday gifts at my house are never that big. I hope it works out well for you.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm with the ladies that say none, but if you are hell bent on it, I agree with jamesonjustines. Upgrade yours and give her the old one.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I agree with the 3 posters above me. We didn't let our daughter have her own computer until she was 6, and that was my husband's old computer (the oldest one we had) when he bought a new one. I would never buy a new computer for a young child; they don't know how to use one properly and may end up damaging it.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2010