my son is 6 years old and he have a very strong body odor,use baby power under his arms but not working, Is this normal

What can I do to stop it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would check with his doctor.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• That does seem kind of young to be having that problem already but with all the hormones and crap they put in our food nowadays, it doesn't surprise me. I agree with sta and would check with his doctor, and maybe deodorant would help? I'm sure sure on if its safe for children or not though so you might want to ask that as well.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• natural crystal deodrant
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It might be his diet or a imbalance in his system. Was he on a lot of antibiotics when he was younger? You may need to start some probiotics to balance out his system. Get to the root of the problem not the surface.
    allmomma

Answer by allmomma at 10:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Check with the pediatrician or use a natural or organic deodorant. Like another poster said, it could be his diet too. Most things we eat are organic. Just creeps me out to put all that crap in our bodies from conventional food.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My son has the same problem. He is 9 now but I noticed he was starting to smell around 8. I took him to his Dr. who checked him for early puberty but it wasn't that. He just told us to make sure he showers regularly and wears deodorant.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2010