Labour questions...? Please answer!

I heard people say labour feels like you have to take a giant poop... what I am wondering is, does it feel like bad diahrea pains or bad constipated pains? or does it feel like you have to poop from your crotch or your butt? or did you find it felt like something other then that? ... lol I'm scared and curious, just need some ideas for what to look forward to. And thanks for all the answers now, I wont be replying since I cant reply anon!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• for me it felt like when you pull a wish bone apart.... if felt like I was the wish bone.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Labor doesnt feel like you have to take a crap. When you are ready to push you feel a lot of pressure which feel like tyou have to poop. Labor on the other hand feels like massive period cramps times a million.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• pressure. lots of pressure. i got an epidural and it was fine. did it twice and i would do it again, so it cant be that bad!! contractions a uncomfortable though and it felt like spiky poop coming out of my bum. lol. but once u get the medds it is heaven!! you will be fine!! gl!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Not like you have to crap...I agree with drs1206. Mine felt like muscle spasms...bad ones in my back. When they first started, I just felt uncomfortable but didn't realize that they were contractions.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Natural birth isn't horrible. It never felt like pooping, though I did go to the toilet plenty in the very early stages. Active labor felt like hard cramps in the lowest part of my stomach. At the very end, I could feel my body pushing on it's own without my help. It's not miserable. It is work, but it feels purposeful.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Labor felt like period cramps that got progressively more intense and more rhythmic.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't say that it feels like you have to poop. To me it felt like the most horrible period cramps you could ever imagine. The early stages of labor felt exactly like period cramps but came and went. Then they just started coming in waves that were closer together and they were more intense. Once you are in full blown labor, it feels more of like a stabbing pain than cramps. I guess it feels differently for everyone though!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• To me it first felt like a bad cramps... trust me when you go into labor you will know! And if you think you are, but aren't completly positive just call your doc... thats what I did! At first it barly hurt for me though it was just more uncomforable. Everybody is different though... maybe you will feel like you have to take a crap lol or maybe your water will just break! Just listen to your body and trust your instints!!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• to me it felt like very intense cramps right in the middle of my belly and around to my back..when it came time to push it just felt like the baby was pushing on my butt from the inside, it didnt feel like i had to poop...it will definetly be the most pain you have ever felt and it will be hard to put in words how intense it was...how you will know when your really going into labor is when the contractions bring tears to your eyes, even if it dosnt actually make you cry...hope this helps..good luck and congrats!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• god this is making me nervous and im just in the bigining of my pregnancy i hope you got the answer to your question i read cos ik im gunna wanna know this later
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 11:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010