which ones?

ok got the answer that disaposable breast feeding pads are better than cloth
but~~

which brand is the best in opinions?
Avent
Lanoshin (sp lol)
nuk

mommy2be402

Asked by mommy2be402 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd say Gerber in the beginning because they aren't plastic backed and with as sore as your nipples are going to be the first few weeks, you'll definitely want them to breath. Get yourself some of the Lansinoh cream too...that stuff is wonderful! Colostrum and breast milk are also very good...if your breast gets wet...rub it into your nipple to help keep it hydrated.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I liked the cloth ones because they formed better to my body and didn't show as much under my clothing. The disposable ones were very noticable... Looked like two pancakes under my shirt saying hello!! lol
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree with everything ANGIE409 said! That is exactly what I have used every time.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I started with the cloth ones then the disposable, then I got some Lilypads. they are reusable and I never had a leak. You don't need to worry about them being noticed under clothes or slipping at night cause the crappy adhesive didn't work.  http://www.lilypads.com/

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• thanks everyone! I just remember changing shirts every 2 hours and the plastic ones smelled and stuck on my skin! but things have upgraded lol in the last 5 yrs! as for lilypads are you meaning actual flower? lol it was a flower site. but trying to do everything I can to not give it up this time, I got so frustrated and gave up after 2 months.
    mommy2be402

Comment by mommy2be402 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Disposables are horrible, they slip and move and flip and wind up getting taped to your nipple so your pulling it off of sore nipples. I use clothe ones or hankies. FYI Tea bags work wonders on sore, cracked or inflamed nipples.
    KristeenieB

Answer by KristeenieB at 11:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Whoops!!  spell check...  try this.  http://www.lilypadz.com/

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I liked Johnson and johnson ones they fit really nice and were absorbent. I agree about the Lansinoh cream but their pads suck!!!
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 1:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I like the ultra thin nuk/gerber ones for after the first couple months. The first couple months when leakage was a big issue I loved the lanisoh ones that had lanolin on the pad, they were great.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Oh and the Medela lanolin goes on smoother. When your nipples are super sore and rubbing hurts, that's a big plus. The lanisoh lanolin is a lot thicker and takes more rubbing.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2010